Sunday, October 23, 2011

I Left My Heart.......

in San Francisco.  It is one of my favorite cities and was one of the stops on my recent vacation.  I can't pinpoint what exactly it is about this place, but I just love it.
Union Square

No visit is complete without a ride on a cable car!

We made our way through Chinatown, walking up and down several streets before finally finding the entrance.  I bought a mandarin newspaper and was told by the vender "Why, you can't read it." to which I replied "I know.  What is the headline?"  Which she responded that she couldn't read it either!  hee hee  I think the lettering is just beautiful and wanted it for my mixed media collection.  And no, I haven't even dipped my big toe into the mixed media world.......

Great street art.
Orange tree on the balcony.

Love the colors!

I've been busy this weekend getting ready for the Arts and Crafts Fair that I'll be in November 5.  I have some knitted face/dish cloths, cowls and a few scarves using sock yarn.  I started making the button bouquets this past week.  I'm hoping to have the house in order (ahem, picked up from crafting supplies) by the middle of next week. 
I'll take some photos of my progress and post them around the middle of the week.
Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed my first installment of photos from San Francisco.  There's more to come!!!



  

4 comments:

Di said...

Beautiful photos - so vibrant. Hey, ho - another place on my 'Bucket List' :)) Di xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Woo hoo, what views, Kay, love the idea the lady was having a go at you buying a paper and then she couldn't read it too! I love the shots of San Francisco, thanks for sharing! Shaz in Oz.x

betsy said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I was in your town of Los Alamos last year and really liked it. Although, I like most places in New Mexico and would love to live there someday.

Sadee Schilling said...

Gorgeous Colors! San Francisco is a place I really want to visit. And I love that you bought the Mandarin newspaper!