Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Where I Live Part 2

Fall is definitely in the air.  The temperature has dropped and morning dew has made an appearance.  There was even snow spotted on the higher peaks.

Both of these photos are taken as you are leaving Los Alamos. 









Chamisa is in full bloom.  I just love the vibrant yellow.

Looking towards the mountains outside of Santa Fe, NM.  That's the Santa Fe Ski Basin runs.
Yep, this is me.  I'm at Rancho de Chimayo having lunch with my dad and his girlfriend.  This restaurant is real close to the El Santuario de Chimayo, which I wrote about on my first "Where I Live" post.  Notice the hay in the adobe walls?  The red things at the top of the photo are chili ristras.  I have better photos for another time.  

Do you see what I see?  Could it be?  At least it's a crossing sign and not a REAL alien!!








3 comments:

Sadee Schilling said...

New Mexico looks gorgeous! Definitely a place I want to visit someday. Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog--I was so inspired by Charlene Precious photography too!

Di said...

Great photos Kay - Len remembers the views photos taken leaving Los Alamos vividly. My email will arrive I promise - this wedding stationery is kinda priority here :( Di xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wow what awesome shots there - isn't creation so amazing with so many different aspects and views, depending on where you live/ or are!
A great blog, Kay, and thanks so much for popping over, love Shaz in oz.x