Friday, December 21, 2012

Hot Chocolate - sometimes referred to as Mexican Hot Chocolate

O.k., so I'm no pro.  But I think I clearly got the message across!

If you haven't added cinnamon to your hot chocolate give it a try.  You'll love it!

You will Need:
Hot chocolate mix
Ground cinnamon
Vanilla extract
Almond extract
Whipped Cream (optional but oh so yummy)
Chocolate shavings (optional but oh so yummy)


As per the directions on the hot chocolate mix, prepare a cup (or however much you want to make) of hot chocolate.    Once the hot chocolate is made, remove from heat and add the cinnamon, vanilla and almond extract.  

For every cup of hot chocolate, add 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla.  If you want a nutty flavor add just a drop or two of almond extract.  Start with this amount and play around with how much you add -- you'll find the perfect amount for your taste buds.

Serve in mugs. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.  

Peace,
Kay

10 comments:

SandeeNC said...

I will give cinnamon a try in my hot chocolate, but when I saw that picture of Hey Girl, I passed it up on pinning it to my board. That's the first time I haven't liked one of his pictures! lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Connie said...

Hi Kay, this sounds really yummy. I'll be giving it a try.
Thanks and Merry Christmas.
Your blogging sister, Connie

okienurse said...

sounds yummy! Make a chocolate sheet cake I always add cinnamon to it so don't know why I haven't tried it in the hot drink!

fairy thoughts said...

Sounds good to me I will let you know.
janet

fairy thoughts said...

yummy cream and mini marshmallows for me. then off to bed I have another cold
janet from chocolate heaven

Brenda Brown said...

Sounds fabulous, I love almonds.
Have a wonderful Christmas and a blessed new year.
Hugs Brenda xox

Anonymous said...

yummo! Merry Christmas to you and family!

Smalltowngiggles said...

My hubby drinks a cup of hot chocolate every morning instead of coffee. Wonder if I can talk him into trying this.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Had to stop by and wish you a Merry Christmas filled with joy and happiness. Of course, I would just buy some Mexican chocolate and cut off a chunk to make hot chocolate. Call me lazy, but I found it in Mexico one year, and now have found it in one of the stores here in my city, too.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

It sounds interesting. I don't do hot chocolate much (or any chocolate) but we have some in the cupboard since hubby was on a bender for it last winter.

Have you ever heard of Mexican S'mores? I died laughing when a girl back east told me about them. I'm pretty sure no self respecting Mexican gets near one. It was chocolate chips and mini marshmallows rolled into a tortilla heated until melted. Was peanut butter involved too? I don't even remember. I've never had a S'more in my life, Mexican or otherwise so I have no idea what the ingredients are, but apparently if you use a tortilla it is Mexican. It would have to be a store bought one (like the will-survive-the-apocalypse Mission ones) and not a homemade one as they are too fragile for such an undertaking.