Sunday, May 19, 2013

My First Mixed Media Class

Hello everyone!  I've been gone for a while but hopefully will soon be blogging again with some regularity.  I can't believe it's been over a week since my last post.

There's a cute little store here called The Perch Paperie and I was lucky enough to teach my first mixed media class there yesterday.  I had a blast!!!  I created a canvas inspired by something the owner of the shop had seen.  It was a big canvas (11 x 14) - well, that's big for me anyway.
My canvas for the class
Here's some photos from the class.
Left to right is Holly, Kathy and Marianne
Gloria, the shop owner, is sitting next to Holly
I encouraged everyone to create whatever they wanted.  It was fun seeing what each one of them came up with!
Holly
Marianne
Kathy
Gloria
Thank you ladies, for making it so much fun!

Peace,
Kay





15 comments:

Craftychris said...

Well done! Your class looked brilliant fun and your canvas is gorgeous! So is the work of your students. I wish I could attend but I live a bit far away here in England! xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Well done, dear. You are a great teacher, which showed in the work of your students. congrats on holding your first mixed media class.

Marianne said...

"The efforts of the teacher shine through in the works of the student"

Congratulations on a successful class. I love everyone's work. Thanks for sharing it with us.
( and for your other readers.....
I am not the Marianne in your post.)

Nan G said...

Nice work from all! Love the birds...are they fabric?

Annie said...

Well done you. Fab results too.
Hugs,
A x

Almo said...

Hi Kay, I remember you doing the original one of these a while ago and still love it now as much as I did then. It looks like your ladies in your class loved it too. Congrats on your first mixed media class and may there be many more for you. Hugs Mo x

Rossella said...

Clearly a successful workshop
Rosie x

Brenda Brown said...

What a fabulous canvas and I love what your students have taken from the teaching. You all obviously had a great time. Looking forward to seeing more of what you teach.
hugs {brenda} x0x

BJ said...

What a great class, love all the different canvases. Well done you. BJ

SandeeNC said...

Looks like everyone had lots of fun and did a fabulous job too! wtg you!! Hope you didn't get any of this bad weather, was thinking about you!

Lynn Holland said...

Well done what great results and everyone looked to be enjoying themselves
Lynn xx

Robin said...

How fun! I love what you and the others made.

Darnell said...

Good to see you back, Kay! Thank you for sharing your work and your students. I imagine you are a fab teacher!!

Dianne said...

Oh my, that looks like a FABULOUS bird mixed media class being all about birds and all ^-^.... All the pieces are lovely they got me all a twitter :) I see everyone is have such a fun time and they are a beautiful thanks so much for sharing your class with us, I loooove mixed media art:):).

Di said...

Hi Kay

I missed this post somehow - probably banging away making those magnetic bookmarks - sigh. Well done on the class, knowing you it would have been great fun.

Hugs and a ha from himself, Di xxxx