Friday, October 25, 2013

Let Them Eat Quiche

Hello peeps.  It's getting a bit chilly here in the southwest.  This is the time of year that I enjoy cooking.  It makes the house seem so warm and cozy.

A friend of mine shared her quiche recipe with me and I thought I'd pass it along to you (thank you Alyce!).  Like most everything in New Mexico, it has green chili in it.  You may be able to find frozen green chili at your local grocery store.  

Ham and Cheese Quiche

3 eggs
3/4 cup milk
salt/pepper
1 cup chopped ham
1 cup chopped green chili
1 cup grated cheese
1 9" pie shell 

Beat eggs with milk, salt and pepper.  Add ham, cheese and chili to the egg mixture.  Pour into the shell.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  Let stand several minutes before serving.  

I modified the recipe a bit (not to mention that I didn't measure anything).  I didn't use any salt and  I used canadian bacon instead of ham - is there really a difference?  I used a Pilsbury pie shell - much easier than making it myself. 


Yum!  The next one I make will have spinach and crispy bacon broken up into bits.   

Peace,
Kay  

7 comments:

Glenda said...

Now this is right up my alley...I may just have to give this one a try!

Anne said...

Looks really yummy Kay. Anne x

Hettie said...

Mmmmmn! Love quiche so I will be round later!
xx

Nan G said...

Oh yummy! I so miss good NM chili !

Connie said...

Yum! I'll be right over :)

MaryH said...

Um, Yummy! Thanks for giving the recipe. We haven't had quiche in a long time (the egg ban you know!). Makes a delicious supper with a bowl of soup or a salad, and great cold too, for lunch. TFS & Hugs. Stay warm. Getting cool here in SC too. Had a freeze last night

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I love a good quiche and you can't go wrong with NM green chili! I ate some egg based thing the other day that was not a quiche in name but definitely an egg based casserole. It was really good. Hubby refused to eat saying "real men don't eat quiche." I have to tell you that man is such a cliche sometimes.