Saturday, January 10, 2015

My First Random Act of Kindness

Hello peeps!  I hope all is well with everyone and the year is starting with adventure!

Today I've been sitting in Starbucks.  I bought a $5.00 gift card and placed it on a table.  
I was giddy with excitment, looking forward to see who would pick it up and enjoy the surprise.

These two guys looked at it but didn't make a move to pick it up.....
I waited, and waited and waited.  It took almost one hour and a half before someone got the nerve to pick up the card and look at it.  
There it sat, right next to the purse.  Just waiting.
Finally, someone picks it up!
He shares it with his friend and then his wife.  They really didn't know what to think.

I hope they pay it forward, as I've requested.  This was a fun morning for me.  I caught up on blog visits while waiting to surprise someone with just a little bit of kindess.

Peace,
Kay

6 comments:

SandeeNC said...

Well, on one hand, it's nice to know that people don't just grab things up, lol Glad someone took it....but if they are in a Starbucks, they could probably afford it anyway! lol Sorry, I am so bad sometimes!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Awww, how sweet! I'm not sure I would have picked it up myself. If I had I would have probably given it to a homeless person. I would have felt bad spending it on myself.

Glenda said...

What a sweet thought and I need to do mine for Januray. I made a mental note to do this myself. Isn't it strange how people are so untrusting these days. We have been so used to people taking; when someone gives it's hard to understand sometimes!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What a lovely thing to do! I hope the RAK gets passed on :-)
The calendar arrived yesterday btw, it's great, thank you so much!! It's on my freezer right now :-)
Hugs, LLJ xxxx

Bridget Larsen said...

What a great idea, but you had to sit a long time hahaha, must try it someday but we dont have a starbucks. oh what is a girl to do

Judys Lace Creations said...

Oh that's kind!!maybe this doesn't happen often enough, and people don't believe it. They might think it's a trick. Glad someone picked it up.Hope you felt good for ages after!
Good on ya'!