Friday, July 1, 2016

Friday Smiles

Hello peeps.  I'm joining in with Annie at A Stitch In Time.   I hope everyone has had a great and creative week.  I finished the scarf for the high school graduate but didn't take a picture of it.  Drats.

Here's Muffin waiting for me outside the bathroom.  Do you remember doing that to your mom?  I certainly do!
Isn't this little dog too cute!  He's about six inches tall and makes my heart skip a beat.  My friend found him at a yard sale.  Sadly he stayed with her and didn't come home with me.
 My catalpa tree is blooming!  The flowers are so delicate.  I can't wait to see all the buds open.  The vine to the left is a silver lace vine.  It's very intrusive and I need to cut it back so it won't take over.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  

Peace,
Kay

PS  Tuesday was my birthday and I received some very special cards.  I'll share those hopefully next Wednesday during my WOYWW post!

7 comments:

Annie said...

Your pic of Muffin made me chuckle. Milly likes me to leave the door open to the loo when I go or she panics and pees on the floor just outside....I'm sure as she learns that me shutting the door doesn't mean I'm going for ever the habit will stop but she really is my shadow at the mo.....in fact as I type this she's just climbed on my knee for a cuddle as it's the first time I've sat down for a while. She sure does watch for her chances :-) :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

Your Muffin made me smile. My toddler son used to do that too when he was little.
The patchwork dog is great too.
Yes, you've got to keep on top of invasive plants otherwise they take over. But some of them are quite beautiful though.
Happy Friday,
Have a good week with lots of smiles,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Kay, Muffin is so sweet. My two will push the door open to the bathroom if I don't shut it, they seem interested to see what's going on but don't always venture in, they don't like the door to be closed. I noticed in the park the other day that the gardeners were digging out some plants. I'm not sure what they are called but they grow along the edge of water and have proved a real problem in parts of the UK. Have a lovely weekend with lots of smiles, Angela

Anne said...

Muffin is very cute. Belated greetings for your birthday. Hope you had a lovely day. x

Glenda said...

Muffin is adorable. I don't know what we would do without our little companions! Recently Bella went in to have her teeth cleaned and I missed her way too much. I always felt like she was a quiet little dog but nothing compares to the quietness of the house without her!

mamapez5 said...

Muffin is adorable, and obviously loves you to bits! The plant in your last photo is very pretty. It is very like the one that grows vigorously around here, that I know as incarvillea, but the leaves look a bit different.
The patchwork dog is cute too. Pity you couldn't take it home with you. Kate x

Robyn Oliver said...

Late Happy Birthday wishes Kay, hope you had a lovely day. Very cute Muffin pic, our cats are finding new spots to settle now the renos are done. Pretty flowers, it's a treat to find the buds opening as you walk your garden. Enjoy your week Robyn